Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Shraddha

On 15 June, Shraddha made a comment on my blog:

You seem to be an abstract person. Nothing defines you better than your own self. Self here, I mean, is your heart.

Do you contemplate a lot? Yes? It shows on your photography and poems.
Every poetry exhibits the persona of the poet.

You may find me intruding. I do not even intend to publish this comment. Just wish to let you know, I noticed your website.

Be as abstract as you seem to be.
 On 15 June I replied:
I appreciate your spending some time, effort and thought on me, even as you sound fully convinced that I am an abstraction.

Well, I would have enjoyed the comfort of being vague, out of focus, and abstract. I am acutely envious of these virtues, as much as I am bereft of them.

I obsess over the need for clarity, precision, order, and have found myself completely enervated by expending energy and my mental resources in obtaining it and spreading its notion. As you will perceive, if not now, sometime later in your life, I have completely failed.

I hope that your interest in seeing meaning in my being as much as I am observable from the material which I hope you can continue to access, will continue.
On 15 June, Shraddha re-wrote:

I admire that you failed. The madness to perfection brings a happy smirk on my face. The theorem we prove is often perfecrly, clearly and may I use the adjective 'logically' so correct and fair. And almost always, we never look at the question.

I do not know if I make much sense. But yes, abstraction is better than over-simplicity. And just this morning I read somewhere...True sincerity to the self is not being right or wrong; or a yes or no. It is about neither or both.

I am a 21 year old CA student who finds solace in poetries. I happened to notice you website. I admire honest poets.
You can read my poetries and articles on my blog or on www.shraddhasanjhe.com

And no, I am no spammer. Neither am I promoting my blog/site. You can ignore me.

Stay abstract.
Shraddha iBelieve

On 16 June I replied:
The concept of perfection itself is imperfect, as it was born out of the irrepressible vanity of homo sapiens. I don't know if I should be glad that it brings a smirk on your face, but if you like it, I urge you to keep it.

A theorem becomes an absolute only if all available uncompromising rational means cannot find means to pick on something to logically differ from it, or, by virtue of it, show a chink, or contrariness. At that stage it becomes QUOD ERAT DEMONSTRATUM (QED).

Talking about "sincerity", there is an implied truism that it has to be "right" as perceived in the mind of the person offering it, or receiving it. "Sincerity" and "wrong" are contrary, and do not go hand in hand.

I am hoping that you will do well as a Chartered Accountant, or any other discipline that you choose, and find much more than solace, not only in poetry, but in the act of simply living life.

You keep on admonishing me to ignore you. Is that a peroration, or imploration, or, by chance, an admonition?

Best wishes,
Ramesh Gandhi
On 17 June Shraddha wrote:
Look. You just keep proving this theorem. You are abstract. I do not know you. But I know it takes less than a minute to recognise it. You write well. You're senior. Your language is admirable. I believe you're one man who is still searching for something.

You're kind enough to reply to strangers' mails. I thank you for that. Because not often I find some one of your intellect (and vocabulary). Oh and you might be an exact opposite of my description. Either way, a 21 year old girl challenges her 'people' knowledge.

You'd want to know why I'm so keen in decoding you. No? Well, I still explain. I read your poetry. Most of my friends whom I made read your poetry liked it. Yes, liked. I was discontent. Abstraction comes here. I hate to call poetry a 'poem'. It softens the effect. I may sound very confused. Perhaps I am. But you're one interesting poet.

Most would think your poetry is plain simple. Must be. Or could be. I think simpler the poetry, more complex the state of mind.

Whoa! A long mail this is. And so irrelevant for the irrelevant. Good night.

P.S.: Do you really think I was admonishing you to ignore? You must if you find your alter ego say, "Yes"-grudgingly or otherwise.
On 17 June I replied:
I am LOOKING, without the benefit of your impudent command; in fact, I have been looking all my life much too much. And most of it I could not like, and most probably, deservedly was rewarded, punished by reciprocity.

Your obsession with 'Theorem' is becoming tiresome: Theorem is antithesis of the Abstract; only when an abstraction completely and irrevocably becomes certitude, does it become a theorem. It amuses me that in your world-view I am both a theorem and a paradigm of abstraction. Anyway, as you keep on reminding me that you are young, and endowed with curiosity of a nature which a course in Chartered Accountancy is not likely to satiate, continue conciliation between your notion of the Theorem and Abstract. And if I am the one or one among many that you have found good examples of theorems of abstraction, so be it. Keep on working on it, and introduce new chapters into the syllabus of accountancy and geometry.

I am open by avowal as well as declaration for being questioned, understood, or misunderstood, and in the process, being 'decoded.' Welcome to the game. Do not hesitate if you sense compulsion to share your findings. You know where to find me, until I hasten to extinction.

Good moments in day or night, not to forget in theorem or abstract.

Ramesh Gandhi

p.s. I have no alter ego: I AM ALTER EGO.
----------------------------------------------------------
From Twitter:

1 July 2010
Shradzberry Now following @rameshgandhi---the abstract you cant convince..

Shradzberry @rameshgandhi Abstruse or lucid, the abstract is tacit.

rameshgandhi @Shradzberry The abstract is symbiotic with the abstruse.

Shradzberry @rameshgandhi humans are not aware of their birth.It is only a statement. It is forced on you, the birth and it comes naturally-the death

2 July 2010
Shradzberry #ff @rameshgandhi for the thoughts. Need i say more?

rameshgandhi @Shradzberry Welcoming you back, I must admit that I'm still comprehension-challenged. Thanks for the #FF.

Shradzberry @rameshgandhi i'd rather spend a lifetime convincing than accept that tacit is really tacit.

Shradzberry @rameshgandhi circle is a 360 degree angle's another name. So lines either meet at an angle or they are parallel. Much like the minds.


rameshgandhi @Shradzberry Have we come full circle at last, to be able to start afresh, to arrive at a point where minds coincide instead of colliding?

3 July 2010
rameshgandhi @Shradzberry 360 deg. are the sum total of all the possible angles within the circumference of a circle, & not indicative of any angularity. Angles in a circle would be possible only with two or more lines. Without lines a circle produces only a circumference of a given area, devoid of angles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

enviable exchange... in terms of the serious effort that seems to be going into it.

if i were still teaching communication i would have used this as a model text.
thank you for putting it out.