Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Waiting: will it work when it is required, when fire engulfs us?


All my life, I have been Waiting: waiting to grow up, waiting to grasp the universe, waiting for my life to end, finding it irrelevant and worthless in the universal scheme of things; in better moments, waiting for rain, fog, the sound of treading on dewdrops; railway trains, huffing and puffing, stopping and running, criss-crossing tracks, the changing geography of landscapes and scenery; waiting, waiting for order in chaos, waiting for people and events which occur only without any regard to punctuality or expectancy; waiting, waiting, always waiting.

Waiting, even for your reaction. And yours. And yours.

On a different note, please go to my wife's poem, Waiting.

-------------------------
'Austere' sent me the following link in response to this post:

http://manaskriti.com/kaavyaalaya/lo_din_bitaa.stm

Please do try, and if you have difficulty with the Hindi language, please write to me and I will send you a translation of the very good poem by Harbans Rai Bachchan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

From the womb to the grave... what else is it but a long wait.

Some call it the trap.

austere said...

Have you read Shri Harivanshrai Bachchan's poem, "kal hogi kuch baat nayi"?

austere said...

http://manaskriti.com/kaavyaalaya/lo_din_bitaa.stm