Saturday, August 14, 2010

To tweet or not to tweet


Dear Shraddha:

I have been waiting for someone to ask ... "but why do you have to mention your blog and website url every time you write?..." with or without due respect... Thankfully, the question got asked, and now I can offload the answer, which is struggling in me to get out, to be announced and declared.  Here goes:

I feel insecure about my relevance to the world my heart throbs in, causes me to breathe in, proving that I live, I exist. Even though tweeting is the least communicative connectivity with my concerns, ideas, and discoveries, which I am unable to live without sharing, I am using this particular medium, that is, tweeting. I will use any means at my disposal for the same purpose. It is only a temporary means through which I can divert the attention of people who might get interested in larger issues of the universe, god or no god, and all the other epistemological concerns arising out of these. In simpler words, I am writing my address again and again out of this compulsion. Whether or not it will eventually succeed is not known; it would eventually enable me not to be part of a medium where I am a complete stranger, dealing with incomplete characters and matters like

"... Hello, Hello, Did you sleep well? I'm exhausted after the day's shoot, Looking forward to watching your movie, You should look forward to watching mine..."

I am not making fun of these people, but I know that I do not belong there, and I know I am not at an age when I can learn to belong.

My knowledge of the Internet being inadequate, without any desire to enhance it, and therefore to put in more effort to grasp it, I suffer from lack of knowledge as to how the message that I tweet would appear on the screen: accidentally, or by someone looking for it. Therefore, to make sure, I remove the ambiguity rather than suffer from doubt, by linking to my sites every time fully.

Finally, I have never been able to consider it possible that what I assume to be my specialty would interest and draw people towards not only listening to me, but fulfilling my obsession by either arguing, acquiescing, or sharing altogether.  Therefore, the naive notion that if http://www.rameshgandhi.com keeps getting on the screen, and therefore on the nerves, people might think "Go, take a look at him - get him - and, if necessary, get him out of the system."

Perhaps you will understand, perhaps not. But this is the entire explanation; probably more than you wanted or would like to countenance. So there you are.

Best,
Ramesh Gandhi

No comments: