Thursday, June 28, 2012

Time. Time? Time!


Salvador Dali, The Persistence of Memory



I AM
BEHIND TIME

IN EVERYTHING
I THINK I WANT
TO TRY TO WISH TO DO
AND DON'T.

WONDERING IF IT MATTERS
TO TIME:
IF IT IS SEEING, HEARING,
WONDERING, JUDGING.

I LIVE
OR AM I BEING
UNKNOWN TO ME
LIVED
BY LIFE,
APPARENTLY PUSHING AND
DRAGGING ME
EVENTUALLY TO LEAVE ME
UNRESOLVED.

RATHER THAN DO
I DON'T
RATHER THAN USE TIME
I STEP OUT OF IT
AND PLAINTIVELY
LET IT OVERTAKE ME,
IGNORE ME.

IS TIME BAFFLED
BY MY INEPTITUDE
AND CLUMSY INVOLUNTARY MOTIONS
THROUGH IT
INTO IT, OR OUT OF IT?

WHAT IS TIME ANYWAY
AND FOR THAT MATTER, I?

------------------------------------------------------
Charu wrote:
As complex or as simple a concept of time is I like Dali's approach to twist, turn or mold it to one's liking. Let it even hang for eternity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bhai,

As complex or as simple a concept of time is I like Dali's approach to twist, turn or mold it to one's liking. Let it even hang for eternity.

charu

Ramesh Gandhi said...

Time is eternal, linear, not elemental, irreversible, a concept without the passage of which almost nothing would be understandable, into and through and during which any and all universal phenomena can occur or be prevented from occurrence. Need I say more, except that Dali's surreal indulgence is most unrealistic, an unattainable fantasy: sorry, time cannot be 'twisted, turned or molded to one's liking.' Please do not be disturbed. Your wish in its unfulfilledness will also find passage in the linear progression of time.