Monday, October 27, 2014

The Light and the Darkness Under It


I am a flame
like a wick
and burning with it

I have been asked, variously, by people who care for me and respect me, about the intent and purport of both the visual of The Light and the Darkness Under It, and the poem which accompanies it. Here, in all humility, is my explanation, as I can understand it and expound it:

Essentially, the intended message is visual. The meaning is left to the viewer, who can choose what and how to interpret it, care for it, or be dismissive of both picture and text. 
However, if I had to describe it, I would say that  whatever the size and volume of light, and wherever it may be, the darkness which surrounds it is always even greater. In the context of human existence and civilisation, this metaphor becomes even more emphatic.

1 comment:

Hemantha Kumar Pamarthy said...

Uttar dakshin puraw paschim
Uttar dakshin purab paschim
Jidhar bhi dekhu main
Andhkar andhkar!

Andhere me jo baithe hai
Nazar un par bhi kuch dalo

Andhere me jo baithe hai
Nazar un par bhi kuch dalo
Are o roshani walo

Bure itne nahi hai hum
Zara dekho hame bhalo
Are o roshani walo......