Saturday, November 07, 2015

Search Within

1952

what is the path
that I want to choose

ahead
I see miles of silence

here
years of loneliness

what is the purpose
that I am

what will I give
what can I take

I can cry
tears of rivers
but can I swim in them

what is the purpose
why am I here
and not there

but where is there
where is, what is, there

nothing is mine
yet my eyes fill with tears
at losing it

if I cannot understand
why I am
do I expect to understand
to recognise, to embrace
  the place I do not know
where I am headed to

I am lonely
and I cannot see ahead
because my eyes are filled with tears

1 comment:

Hemantha Kumar Pamarthy said...

...Tera koi sath na de to
Tu khud se preet jod le
Bichhauna dharti ko karke
Are aakash odh le
Yahan pura khel
Abhi jivan ka tune kaha hai khela

Chal akela chal akela chal akela
Tera mela pichhe
Chhuta rahi chal akela
Chal akela chal akela
Chal akela
tera mela pichhe
Chhuta rahi chal akela...

{Courtesy: Ramchandra Baryanji Dwivedi (Kavi Pradeep) }