Thursday, January 21, 2016

Guess Who Came to Dinner


Guess Who's Coming to Dinner was a 1967 film starring Spencer Tracy, Katherine Hepburn and Sydney Poitier. It was produced and directed by Stanley Kramer. It won two Oscars: Best Actress for Katherine Hepburn,  and Best Writing, Story and Screenplay for William Rose. (imdb link)



My picture above, with a spot of blood on the tip of the knife, has not the remotest connection with the film's narrative and, for its time, very important social content. At the time that I took the picture, this morning, I had not the slightest thought of the film. Only at the time of posting it, I was at a loss as to what it should be called. By complete coincidence, I thought to connect it with a favorite and forgotten film; and as I looked it up, believe it or not, what do I discover, but a poster featuring a tablecloth, forks, spoon and knife.  The coincidence is a delight to me, and I hope others will find the same astonishment in it.

2 comments:

Hemantha Kumar Pamarthy said...

…हमने जो देखा था, सुना था
क्या बताये वो क्या था

ये क्या हुआ, कैसे हुआ, कब हुआ
क्यों हुआ, जब हुआ, तब हुआ
छोडो, ये ना सोचो…

Frontiers - Lets explore said...

The title indeed created the curiosity. And the way you have connected it to the film (which i was not aware till this moment) and your photograph is very nice. :) Keep posting Ramesh Sir. Hi I am MM Prabhu, a PSM member.