Saturday, August 20, 2016

Calm-Pose


Not to be confused with a the world's most popular and used tranquilizer, calmer, remover of irritability, with a very mild sedative effect.

The original brand name, as far as I know, when Diazepam was introduced by Hoffmann-La Roche, was Valium. Valium caught the world's attention and attraction; to a point where people began to pop in Valium or Calmpose (an Indian brand name for Diazepam) as readily as they did Aspro or Anacin.

The picture above is not connected with any one of these chemicals/pharmaceuticals. I took it by an accidental but timely click of my camera, either on the TV or my computer screen, and have no context before or after that particular image. I do not believe that it matters. What is important to me is that I found or created a tranquility with some artistic license, and am extremely satisfied because of its effect, at least on me and the people to whom I have shown it.

I am grateful to whoever produced the video from which this image was taken, and offer my good wishes to the subject herself as well; whoever, wherever either of them are.  By happenstance, if they come across it, I request them to contact me so that I can thank them properly.

No comments: