Thursday, March 16, 2017

Kissa Kursi ka (The Story of a Chair)


it is true that I sometimes feel
out of place
alone
empty

yet the world 
has opened up a space for me
my shadows join its shadows
my straight and curved lines
echo its straight and curved lines

I have glimpses of purpose
a burden of responsibility
which only I can support
and which will surely become manifest
if I can only be patient

so I sit
and wait

-------------------
Bhashwati wrote:
Since the chair seems to have positioned itself to catch your attention so that it gets a photo op, the anthropomorphism of the text is a perfect fit.
To say nothing of the perpendiculars trying to blunt the other angles and light and life, leaf competing for primacy of position in the image.
Lekin koi chaahe kuchh bhi kar le, kissa to kursi ka hi hai aur rahega, to qayaamat.

So it sits and waits with its burden of responsibility

At this point the award goes to this image and text combo, no mistake.
best image, best lyrics, best technique, best editing, best story and best direction.
:)

No comments: