Saturday, November 05, 2016

All the Anger is Now Gone


all the anger is now gone
wherever, whatever love was,
went.

through the curtains
I look at memories
obscured by branches and leaves
crowding and tapping at
the closed panes

I put the tips of my fingers on the glass
and untouching
stir the tender leaves
and, without passion,
the memories

which awaken, but remain
unseen, unfelt
in a mist so thick,
so still,
it holds my breath
so neither joy nor sigh
escape

I cannot hear the throbbing of my heart
I cannot hear the silence of the dead battles
of my mind

eyes fail to hear, ears to see
and my hand cannot push back
the wind-blown branches and leaves
to clear my vision

I know now that I am not merely tired
I know now that I have finished loving
that I have finished living

No comments: