Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Nursery


rhyme
beyond reason

----------------
Anonymous wrote:

To Kill a Mockingbird is one of the books that i would take to the proverbial island where im going to be marooned with or without a tree house. Every time I have read it, I have been shaken and moved. Your picture represents to me the most lasing image i have of the book. 

There was a tree nook where Boo Radley mostly an invisible presence used to leave odd gifts for the young sibling protagonists. I consider your blog to be that tree, and each post a gift.

Today's picture is the perfect blend of word and image: The unlikely nursery, the sprout that has no particular reason to be there and the rhythm it creates with the bark here and the branches beyond.

I just saw another rhyme in the picture. The marks on the ashen bark and the throbbing veins of the leaves, life dead and dying and life throbbing and pushing. 

Ahhh beauty. Thank you.





No comments: